Monday, February 21, 2011

Stick with it

I thought I'd just share this little tidbit I wrote to encourage a friend of mine (If this does not apply to you, move on--but I think it applies to many areas of life):

I have really struggled with food since Christmas, but overall I have lost weight!

I have learned this: life is hard! And Weight Watchers(WW) is a lifestyle--that means there will be times when food is not my focus. Sometimes my life/family/work/etc demand my attention and I have to accept that the food might slide a little--as long as I'm still aware of what I'm eating and I intend to get back on track, I've found that I do eventually get back there! Small scale--I gained 1 lb a few weeks ago...now I'm down 5 lbs! Because I stuck with it. Large scale--I joined WW in 2002 (yikes 9 years ago!) at 279...I plateaued, and quit and rejoined, but certain lifestyle changes stuck with me, so I never gained it all back. Since 2007 I've only been over 200 lbs due to pregnancy and I'm still amazed at the healthy lifestyle WW has given me. I'm so grateful and happy to have found my own inner strength--but that certainly does NOT mean I don't have hard periods where my food is out of control. So, bottom line, stick with it, baby!

No comments: