In Feb. 2008, I had a 15mo old sweetheart who didn't like to sleep. N and I shared drop-off/pick-up responsibilities and we mostly still ate dinner after Bit "went to bed." I was 27 (the supposed ultimate age); N was 30; Newb wasn't a sure thing yet, but I contemplated dates/spacing an awful lot.
Feb 2016: Who knows?
Looking at my g-cal for fun, we were watching LOST, getting our carseat professionally installed/inspected, having our first night away from Bit (Valentine's Day overnight), actively househunting, and I had a standing chat date with my college BFFs. I was also gaming and using Let's Dish for meal planning. I had lost 9.2 lbs in January and weighed 181.6! It was my first time in the 180's. In early March, we were lucky enough to celebrate my grandma's 85th birthday with her.
On 2/28/08, I wrote someone this story about Bit (heart-melting):
I'm taking Bit to daycare most of this week so that N can get into work early and recoup some of his lost time. This morning I misjudged how cold it was and brought Bit to the frigid car, strapped her in and got it started to warm up. She kept fussing and I could see her breath. (In the carseat she can't wear her winter coat, so she just had a fleece jacket.) I thought 'oh my, this will NOT do!'So I got Bit out of her seat and opened up my jacket (putting hers on is a pain sometimes) and I cuddled her against me. Then we sat in the driver's seat to wait while the car warmed up. It was so nice to just sit there with her and enjoy the morning sky lighting up. She spotted a bird and said "Bir" (her new favorite word, besides "go go"). To my surprise she didn't squirm at all. We just cuddled and warmed up. I even waited an extra minute to continue enjoying the experience. Soon she'll be too big for things like that. Bittersweet sigh!Also, N made her a toaster waffle this morning (she got up early, ugh!) and when it popped up from the toaster, she said "Uh oh". Just so cute and funny.
My e-mail signature was:
--
Buffy: Does it ever get easy?
Giles: Yes, it's terribly simple. The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.
Buffy: Liar.
Today, Feb. 2012, I have a 17mo old sweetheart who is a great sleeper and loves to chew on her shoes. I have a bright, beautiful 5yo who lives with zest and still doesn't like to sleep. I drop-off/pick-up the kids and Bit has just started helping me make dinner. I am 31 and N is 34.
Life according to g-cal: we are too busy with dr appts, date night, and 2 active kids to watch much TV (but let's not overlook the brilliant happiness of Roku technology!). We no longer have our carseats professionally installed/inspected. Overnights at GranB's (for the kids) are commonplace! We've been homeowners for 4 years. Sadly I don't talk to my college friends much, but I have developed some great mom-friendships. I have stopped gaming more or less and have been using Emeals and Pintrest for meal planning. I gained some weight at the end of 2011, but still weigh less than 180! I have been out of the 200's since 2007, not counting pregnancy. I am hoping to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday with her next year, though it will require traveling this time around.
On 2/29/12, I wrote this story about Bit (heart-melting):
Here's a cute story from last week: I was in the car with Violet and we were listening to Allison Krauss's cover of "Baby Mine" (a song about loving your baby from the Disney movie Dumbo). Bit was really quiet, then I heard a sniffle. I realized she was crying...tears running down her cheeks! I worried that I had upset her or she was thinking about her mommy (since the song is sung by a mom to her baby). But no...I held her and talked to her and found out she was crying thinking about her baby sister and how sad she'd be if something ever happened to her. Isn't that just so precious??
My e-mail signature is:
--"A goal without a plan is just a wish." Antoine de Saint-Exupery
French writer (1900 - 1944)
Feb 2016: Who knows?
I will be 35; N will be 38; Bit will be 9; Newb will be 5. The girls will both be in elementary school, which hopefully they will enjoy. I hope N and I will both still work at places we enjoy. I hope I will have maintained my weight at a healthy level for several year. And we ought to be out of debt or close to it. I'm sure there will be changes I can't even fathom...I pray there won't be any grief or loss, but those things are inevitable in life. I just hope for the best and pray for the strength to rise to the challenges put forth to me.
3 comments:
wow, love this! Love your Bit stories - so great to have those memories. Look forward to seeing your observations four years from now. <3
Thanks for sharing that memory of Bit and you in the car, Honey. I remember you telling me that story later that evening, and thinking about how cute it was.
No matter what else happens in the next 4 yours (I'll be 38? Jesus!), I know I'll keep loving you and the girls, and I'll still be gaming (yes, I'm a dork).
Beautiful C it's amazing how motherhood changes us and we start to take so much in our stride!
It's so lovely to reflect on the little things once in a while.
I love this post! Xxx
Post a Comment